Want to know what's happening in the field of information and records management (RIM)?
Please check this page for regular updates from the field of Records and Information Management.
- Missed ARMA Live! 2018? You can still access the ARMA Live! Virtual Conference from the comfort of your computer. Register for the December 11th online event here.
- Curious about E-Signatures? Download An Introduction to E-Signature: Beginner’s Bundle from an ARMA business partner.
- Canada’s use of AI in immigration cases is scrutinized.
- EU and US issue joint statement at the Second Annual EU-US Privacy Shield Review.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook endorses privacy legislation for EU and US.
- Want all the benefits of full ARMA membership while completing your degree? ARMA is now offering a $25 student membership. Register today!
- Want to know more about machine learning? Join ARMA partner, Iron Mountain in their webinar on The ABCs of Machine Learning on November 14th.
- Have you downloaded the new ARMA app yet? Open the your app store and search for ARMA International.
- Have something to talk about? Join the ARMA Speaker Database to register as a potential speaker for local ARMA chapters.
- Are you preparing to take ARMA’s IPG recertification exam? Make sure you’ve checked out the new (simpler!) rules for recertification, effective January 2019!
- Interested in IM jurisprudence in the US? Check out the new ARMA International Education Foundation Report on IM and the Courts!
Other Highlights from around the Web
- Canada’s new PIPEDA regulations on breaches came into effect on November 1st. Find the regulations here, and check out some industry assessments here and here.
- Statistics Canada may delay plans to obtain banking information of 500,000 Canadians following outcry.
- New Zealand has passed legislation allowing customs officials to fine travellers who refuse to disclose laptop and phone passwords.
- ARMA Announced its merger with the Information Coalition. Check out the webinar announcing the merger to find out what this means for your professional association!
- The Information Governance Body of Knowledge (IGBOK) is now available. Get your copy from the ARMA bookshop!
- Want easier access to ARMA resources? Download ARMA international's new app by searching ARMA International in your app store.
- Don't forget to register for ARMA's free webinar, "The Push & Pull of Privacy vs Retention Compliance" available, airing live on October 30th.
- Want to mentor an early career professional? Register as an ARMA mentor for the winter/spring 2019 session.
- Google has decided to shut down Google+ over concerns about the security of personal information.
- PEI considers approaches to facilitating access to adoption records by adult adoptees.
- The ARMA International board of directors is seeking nominations for president-elect and board member. Nominations close October 31st!
- ARMA International’s Information Governance Professional certification exam is now available. Complete your application by November 10th to take the exam by November 17th.
- Check out ARMA’s free webinar "Empowering Record Managers: Building an ROI Case Study" available at 1:00pm on October 11th.
- Remember to check out the September/October issue of ARMA’s IM Magazine, featuring "Out of the Box: Why Organizations Are Jumping to Office 365/SharePoint Online.”
- Register now for "The Push & Pull of Privacy vs. Retention Compliance", available online on October 30th.
- Want to know what’s new with ARMA international? Register for the free webinar “ARMA’s Big News: Innovation Ahead”, available from October 9th - November 9th.
- Look out for the new IM Common Core on GCcollab! The new IMCC was highlighted at GC IM Days and will include Open Government and LAC transfer requirements.
- Provinces are going digital with New Brunswick’s Five-Year Digital Strategy and Newfoundland and Labrador’s Digital by Design Plan.
- The world loses priceless archives of indigenous language and culture as Brazil’s National Museum burns down shortly after its 200th anniversary.
- Registration is open for Public Sector Social Media 2018: Integration, Innovation and Impact to be held Oct 17-18 at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
- FWD50 hosts Rethinking Digital Government on November 7th - 9th at Aberdeen Pavillion in Lansdowne Park.
- Looking for a source of community knowledge on RM/IM/IG? Check out IG GURU to find forums and news, and to browse the RECMGMT-L listserv archives.
- Registration is now open for ARMA’s September 20 webinar on Merger, Acquisition or Divestiture to be hosted by Iron Mountain.
- Registration is now available for the GC's Open First Day on open government (September 28).
- GC continues to push forward on protected cloud service procurement.
- The UK government investigates blockchain for securing digital evidence as part of court reform program. Meanwhile, magnetic tape continues to advance as a cheap, high-density storage option.
- Scott Brison, Minister of Digital Government, lays out his vision for digital transformation.