Job ID: 22251
Salary: $87,419 - $104,423
Employment Type: Full-Time, Regular
Closing Date: Jun 28, 2022
Team Lead, Information and Archives Management
Job Type: Indeterminate (Permanent) Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Salary: $87,341 to $110,514
Closing Date: June 17, 2022
Language Profile: BBC/BBC
The Senate plays a unique role in shaping our country's democracy. As members of the upper house of Parliament, senators examine legislation, study public policy, champion causes and conduct interparliamentary diplomacy.
Under the direction of the Archivist and Chief, Information Management you will be responsible for providing senior authoritative advice, key specialist support and recommendations on the definition and on-going management of the strategic elements that support the Senate's Information Management (IM) program, including IM policy instruments, standards, systems, tools, models and best practices.
Take advantage of this opportunity by applying today via our careers website and make your mark at this unique institution!
At Level CS-04 Opportunity
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
Are you looking for a new challenge leading a team responsible for the management, oversight and implementation of department wide Government of Canada initiatives as it relates to Information Management (IM)?
If you are looking for an at level CS-04 deployment opportunity, then this may be the one for you!
While we are currently working remotely for the time being, this employment opportunity is in the heart of downtown, in our beautiful National Capital Region. The successful candidate will have a strong background in IM, possess a CBC language profile, Secret security clearance, post-secondary education in a discipline relevant to the position and/or relevant training and experience, and knowledge in IT.
Some of the exciting roles and responsibilities of the position include the:
- Management and oversight of a small and amazing team of 6 full-time employees in addition to students and consultants who are responsible for the IM functional support and maintenance of GCdocs including configuration decisions, usage reporting, information architecture support and maintenance (folder structure, permissions, metadata) and retention/disposition of digital/electronic information resources (via the Recordkeeping module) for the department.
- As the Information Architecture Manager and Functional Owner of ISED’s GCdocs instance, act as a liaison between the Business Owner, Sector stakeholders, other government departments and the Information Technology (IT) team (Technical Owner; responsible for system operational support and maintenance) to identify, plan, negotiate and carry out a variety of activities related to either daily operational support or service evolution/improvement.
- Leading and/or participating in a number of cross-departmental working groups and committees, typically in an IM and/or GCdocs capacity.
- Managing a number of cross-departmental initiatives involving multi-disciplinary teams/stakeholders (eg. IM - Shared Drive Sunsetting)
- Providing recommendation to senior management regarding IM initiatives in various formats.
- Managing the team’s contract vehicle and external resource requirements (Task-Based Informatics Professional Services (TBIPS) vehicle).
- Strong organizational skills, oral and written communication skills and multitasking ability required.
Should you have experience in the above mentioned criteria and are interested in joining our team, please contact Lisette da Silva at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an employer looking to post a job to our website please submit a job description (including a closing date) to email@example.com.
Check out the following job sites for records and information management positions in the national capital region (NCR) and across Canada:
- Jobs.gc.ca - Visit the official website for all Government of Canada employment opportunities open to Canadians outside the public service.
- The Partnership National Library Jobsite of Canada - The Partnership Jobsite is a listing of positions available in the library and information sector in Canada.
- INALJ - Ontario - The I Need a Library Job eResource centre is the most extensive online resource for jobs for information professionals, librarians, knowledge managers and those in related fields.
- The University of Toronto's iSchool Job Site - The iSchool Job Site is the online job posting service provided by the Faculty of Information.
- The Univeristy of Western Ontario's FIMS JobWeb - The JobWeb lists professional job postings and employment resources in the fields of journalism and library and information science.